Warning: Failure to mount the transponder, or incorrect placement may result in the devices failing to read, which can result in a toll violation! See mounting instructions.
NEED TO PAY A TOLL? CLICK HERE
QWhat is a toll violation?
AToll violations occur when drivers do not pay the proper toll at the time of the transaction.
QWhat is a Unpaid Toll?
AUnpaid tolls occur when drivers do not pay the proper toll at the time of the transaction, but receives a unpaid toll receipt from the toll collector.
QHow can I resolve a violation?
ATo pay or dispute a violation call 703-668-0033.
QHow can I resolve a Unpaid Toll?
A By mailing in the proper toll with the unpaid toll receipt within 7 days or by calling 703-668-0033.
QIs there anything I can do to avoid getting a violation notice if I didn’t pay?
AYes. You have 48 hours from the time of the violation to contact the Dulles Greenway (703-707-8870) to pay for your missed toll or by filling out our insufficient funds form.
QWhat is the fine for a toll-road violation?
AEach violation is assessed a $25.00 administrative fee in addition to the toll. For example if you did not pay one toll at Rt. 606/Exit 8, you would be required to pay a $25.00 administrative fee plus the $3.40 toll for a total of $28.40.
If you fail to respond to the first notice within thirty (30) days, a second violation notice will be mailed to you with additional fines. Failure to respond to the second notice within fifteen (15) days WILL result in a summons to appear in Loudoun County General District Court.
Section 46.2-819.1-Cif the matter proceeds to court, the registered owner or operator of a vehicle shall be liable for a civil penalty as follows: for a first offense, $50; for a second offense within one year from the first offense, $100; for a third offense within two years from the second offense, $250; and for a fourth and any subsequent offense within three years from the second offense, $500 plus, in each case, the unpaid toll, all accrued administrative fees imposed by the toll facility operator, and applicable court costs if the vehicle is found, as evidenced by information obtained from the a photo-monitoring system or automatic vehicle identification system as provided in this section, to have used such a toll facility without payment of the required toll.
IMPORTANT REMINDER FOR SMART-TAG/E-ZPASS CUSTOMERS: PLEASE NOTE THAT THE AMOUNTS DUE FOR THE UNPAID TOLLS WILL NOT BE DEDUCTED FROM YOUR SMART-TAG/E-ZPASS ACCOUNT ONCE YOU REPLENISH YOUR ACCOUNT AND MUST BE PAID DIRECTLY TO THE DULLES GREENWAY. (FOR QUESTIONS REGARDING YOUR SMART-TAG/E-ZPASS ACCOUNT, ACCOUNT REPLENISHMENT OR SMART-TAG/E-ZPASS TRANSPONDER, CONTACT THE SMART-TAG/E-ZPASS CUSTOMER SERVICE CENTER AT 1-877-762-7824 OR WWW.EZPASSVA.COM.)
How can I avoid future violations?
- Make sure your prepaid toll account is up-to-date. Because E-ZPASS automatically replenishes your prepaid toll account when your account balance is low, check to see if you have sufficient funds in your credit card and that the card on file with E-ZPASS has not expired. You can update your Virginia E-ZPASS account online at www.ezpassva.com with your account number and PIN.
- If you’re not set up for automatic replenishment, make sure your payment has been received on time. If you’ve recently purchased a new car, make sure to add your new license plate number to your Virginia E-ZPASS account.
- Make sure your transponder is properly mounted to the windshield.
- REMEMBER that the amounts due for unpaid tolls will not be deducted your Virginia E-ZPASS account. Once you replenish your account and the tolls due must be paid directly to the Dulles Greenway.
Cash customers can:
- Consider opening a pre-paid Virginia E-ZPASS account. E-ZPASS is the non-stop, convenient way to pay tolls electronically using a windshield-mounted device that is read by overhead antennae. Apply online or call (877-762-7824.)
- You can now use your credit or debit card at the mainline toll plaza.