VIP Program Overview
The Dulles Greenway is already saving you time on your daily commute. Now with the VIP Miles Frequent Rider Program, you can also save money. As a VIP Miles Member, you can earn cash back at no additional cost. Since the program’s inception in 1998, the Dulles Greenway has distributed over $2 million in VIP bonus checks. Sign-up today and be a part of an amazing reward program.
As a VIP Miles member, you may earn cash-back bonus checks, depending on how frequently you travel the Dulles Greenway in a 12-month period. So the more trips you make, the more money you will get back. To qualify for a bonus check, simply travel on the Greenway 180 times over the course of 12-months (This averages out to 15 trips per month).
The VIP Miles Frequent Rider Program is our way of thanking you for riding the Dulles Greenway.
Questions about VIP Miles? We’ve got answers:
How do I join? By registering online, you will receive 15 Bonus Trips to start your account. a Virginia E-ZPass is required for VIP Miles Membership, so if you already have a Virginia E-ZPass, give us your Virginia E-ZPass transponder number (not your account number) and we’ll activate your VIP Miles Membership from the beginning of this month. Your transponder number is located on the tag itself-just below your Virginia E-ZPass sticker, above the bar code.Your membership is retroactive to the first day of the month in which you enroll in the program. Once enrolled, you will receive a confirmation email. This email will provide your VIP account number along with the transponder number that you entered when enrolling into the program.
Will my VIP Miles cost me anything? NO, in fact, being a VIP Miles Member and driving the Dulles Greenway daily could save you money. And we’ll renew your membership each year, automatically. Your only responsibility is to keep us updated with any changes to your address or transponder(s). The Dulles Greenway is not responsible for lost trips due to incorrect Virginia E-ZPass transponder numbers. It is up to you to keep us informed. It is easy to do so, simply email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How does the program work? To qualify for a bonus check, simply travel on the Greenway an average of 15 times per month during a 12 month period. If you travel on the Greenway Monday through Friday, in each direction, then you would accrue 10 trips in just one week. You only need to make 180 trips in a 12-month period on the Greenway to qualify for a 5% bonus check. See the cash back schedule for details. Members will receive the check at their designated address within 60 days after the end of their 12-month cycle. Your 12-month cycle starts the month you enroll your transponder in the program. Your trips will reset to zero after every twelve months, regardless of whether you earn a check.
Details? VIP Miles Membership benefits apply only to travel on the Dulles Greenway. Cash back bonuses are determined by usage of your Virginia E-ZPass on the Dulles Greenway. Accrued trips cannot be transferred, but if you use more than one vehicle for traveling the Greenway, you may move your Virginia E-ZPass between vehicles. If you have multiple transponders, a VIP Miles account will be set up for each one. Trips will not be combined if you have more than one transponder.
You will be able to keep track of your trip accruements on a monthly basis, via the Web site. Your online account will be updated once a month. Trips accrued during the month of July, for example, would appear in your account by the second week of August.
Cash Back Redemption: The cash back bonus checks will be issued automatically by the Dulles Greenway at the end of your twelve-month cycle. You will receive the cash back bonus check at your designated address within 60 days after the end of your 12-month cycle.
Cash Back Schedule:
|Total Trips During Period||Cash Back*|
|0 – 179||0.0%|
|180 – 359||5.0%|
|360 – 719||7.5%|
|720 – 959||10.0%|
|960 – 1,199||12.5%|
* Computation based on individual Virginia E-ZPass transponder usage. Users credited 1 trip for each successful Virginia E-ZPass toll made on the Dulles Greenway.
Terms and Conditions
The electronic toll collection system, Virginia EZ-Pass (administrated by VDOT), is required to participate in the VIP Miles Program. You will need a Virginia EZ-Pass account and a Virginia EZ-Pass transponder. You can apply for both right here. First, please read the Terms and Conditions of the VIP Miles Program.
- Participation in the “VIP Miles” Program is subject to any Terms and Conditions, Program Rules, Regulations, Policies, and Procedures that Toll Road Investors Partnership II, L.P. (“TRIP II”), the owners of the Dulles Greenway, may in its discretion adopt from time to time, in accordance to applicable law. Any failure to follow Program Rules, any abuse of Program Privileges, any conduct detrimental to the interest of TRIP II, or any misrepresentation of any information furnished to TRIP II, or its affiliates may result in termination of membership, the cancellation of credited mileage, awards or benefits, or both.
- TRIP II reserves the right to make changes in accordance to applicable law to the Program Rules, mileage crediting rates, award structure, or levels of mileage required for any or all awards, in whole or in part, at any time, such as raising mileage levels, revising the procedures and regulations for mileage crediting, award redemption, or limiting the period in which credited mileage may be maintained. Any changes can be made without advance notice in accordance to applicable law.
- The awards offered in “VIP Miles” may be withdrawn, limited, or modified from time to time, in accordance to applicable law. In accumulating mileage and/or awards, you may not rely upon the continued availability of any award or award level.
- The accumulation of mileage, and/or awards and the redemption of awards are subject to specific portions of the Program Rules. You are responsible for reading those materials in order to understand your rights and responsibilities under the Program. You may not transfer or assign mileage, benefits, or awards. The sale of mileage, benefits, or awards is prohibited and will result in the confiscation or cancellation of the subject mileage, benefits, or awards.
- Once you are a “VIP Miles” patron, your membership account will be activated at the beginning of the month, or by any other method authorized under the Program. Once activated, your account will become inactive if you fail to earn any mileage during a period of twelve consecutive months. When your account is inactive, you will not receive notification of Program changes, or other mailings about the “VIP Miles.”
- Toll Expense is based on maximum base toll.
- Cash Back Bonus checks expire after ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTY (180) days. After that time, any cash back bonus check can be forfeited in accordance with all applicable laws.
- If a VIP member receives a replacement Virginia E-ZPass transponder for any reason the member must contact TRIP II immediately with the new transponder number. Failure to do so will result in th emember forfeiting any miles lost. This requirement also pertains to new transponders obtained by the member.
- TRIP II reserves the right to terminate the VIP Miles Program without notice, in accordance to applicable law, so that, regardless of how much you participate in the Program, your right to accumulate miles and claim awards can be terminated by TRIP II in accordance to applicable law.
If you agree to these terms and conditions and already have a Virginia E-ZPass transponder, CLICK HERE to sign up for VIP Miles only. You will need to create a Smart Tag/E-ZPass online Username and Password at www.ezpassva.com before you use this link.
If you DO NOT have a Smart Tag/E-ZPass transponder, click here to open a Virginia E-ZPass account AND sign up for VIP Miles.